LLB, BCom (University of Auckland) (University of Auckland Scholarship)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Yuan joined Morrison Mallett in mid 2019 after previously working in the Auckland litigation team of a top tier law firm. Yuan has been involved in a broad range of litigation work and assists the partners in all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution matters.
- Drafting complex court documents and formal opinions.
- Completing discovery management and legal research.
- Conducting witness briefing and drafting of affidavits.
IMPORTANT RECENT CASES INCLUDE:
- Northlake Investments Ltd v Wanaka Medical Centre Ltd  NZHC 3443 – the litigation team successfully defended four causes of action at the Invercargill High Court over two weeks regarding a proposed agreement to lease, including equitable estoppel and quantum meruit claims and obtained an increased costs award.
- Re Farmers Trading Co Ltd  NZHC 2987 – the litigation team successfully obtained orders under ss 66 and 73 of the Trustee Act 1956 in respect of a trust established in 1927 for company employees and the resettlement of trust assets into an incorporated society.