LLB (Hons) (University of Waikato), MA (Hons) (University of Edinburgh)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Commercial, Restructuring, International Investment
Victoria advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions and commercial projects. She uses her personable and focused approach to help clients achieve successful outcomes in an efficient and pragmatic way. Victoria has considerable experience in mergers and acquisitions, with particular focus on in-bound investment into New Zealand and the primary industries. She has also worked on a number of significant distressed asset sales, administrations and receiverships. In addition to her corporate transactional practice, Victoria undertakes a range of work on commercial projects including in the horticulture, agriculture, forestry and water sectors. Victoria is a member of the Institute of Directors and a director of the Auckland Racing Club.
- Advising on a range of mergers and acquisitions, advising both sellers and buyers on all aspects of M&A transactions.
- Acting on structuring and restructuring of businesses, including to facilitate sale or investment.
- Advising both sellers and buyers on the sale of distressed assets.
- Advising overseas buyers on the acquisition of assets in New Zealand, including advising on consents required under the Overseas Investment Act 2005.
- Advising on establishment of joint ventures, including arrangements between shareholders and joint venture parties.
- Advising private companies on capital raising.
- Advising on commercial projects and ventures, including a variety of commercial contracts for outsourced services, sales agency arrangements and distribution arrangements.
EXAMPLES OF RECENT MATTERS
- Strategic acquisition of majority shareholding in water treatment software provider by New Zealand’s largest water and waste water service provider.
- Sale of business assets by large multi– national wine producer.
- Acquisition of New Zealand dairy co-operative by large international dairy group by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acquisition of Manuka honey business from private equity seller.
- Advising a New Zealand based critical communications provider on complex restructuring of its group and subsequent investment by offshore business partner.
- Sale of shares in an Australasian business and subsequent reinvestment alongside private equity buyer.
- Extensive asset divestment programme carried out by state-owned coal mining company.
- Advising an Ahu Whenua trust on multiple business acquisitions.
- Acting for receivers and administrators on the sale of various assets in receivership and administration processes.
- Sale of animal feeds business by large multi-national grain producer.
- Acquisition of milk processing assets in New Zealand.
- Acquisition of various forestry assets in New Zealand, including advising on related forest management, harvesting and logistics arrangements.
- Advising a large multi–national wine producer on sales agency arrangement and various commercial matters.
- Advising New Zealand’s largest water and waste water service provider on a range of commercial water services arrangements.