LLB, BCA (Victoria University)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Admitted to practise in England and Wales
Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Commercial, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances, and Securities
Matthew undertakes a wide range of corporate and commercial work, specialising in mergers and acquisitions. He has considerable experience in corporate re-organisations, receiverships, cross-border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and advises both public and private companies on all aspects of corporate, contract and securities law. Prior to joining Morrison Mallett, Matthew was a partner in the Corporate Advisory Group of Russell McVeagh. Matthew is a member of the
Institute of Directors.
- Experience in corporate and commercial law, joint ventures, strategic alliances and securities law.
- Advising on numerous large (and small) merger and acquisition transactions, including cross-border corporate restructurings, acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising on securities offerings, listings, Securities Markets Act compliance and both securities legislation and Takeovers Code exemption applications.
- Advising on applications for authorisation to deal in futures contracts under the Securities Markets Act.
- Assisting overseas entities with all matters relating to their New Zealand operations and investments, including with respect to the obtaining of consents under the Overseas Investment Act.
- Particular experience in the renewable-energy (including hydro, wind and solar), forestry and aviation sectors.