LLB (Hons), BCom (University of Canterbury)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Corporate and Commercial, Mergers and Acquisitions, Restructuring, Securities and Private Client
Daniel undertakes a wide range of corporate and commercial work, specialising in corporate restructuring and intellectual property projects. He has considerable experience in advising on complex restructuring of corporate groups and businesses, advising on shareholder arrangements, preparing distribution and licensing arrangements (including those with cross-border aspects), asset disposals, and advises both public and private companies on all aspects of corporate and contract law. Daniel also assists families and their associated businesses in terms of restructuring and succession planning.
- Advising clients on raising capital from a variety of sources, including high net worth individuals, institutions and professional investors.
- Advising on complex restructuring projects within corporate groups and businesses.
- Adviser on numerous M&A transactions, including both asset and equity acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising on infrastructure projects, including on construction contracts and ongoing maintenance contracts.
- Assisting overseas entities with all matters relating to their New Zealand operations and investments, including with respect to the obtaining of consents under the Overseas Investment Act.
- Advising both franchisees and franchisors on all matters relating to their franchise business, including advising on establishing new franchise systems.
- Advising on intellectual property related licences and transfers of intellectual property.
- Advising on succession planning, including in relation to business restructurings.
EXAMPLES OF RECENT MATTERS
- Advising on a proposed water storage project, including obtaining funding from the Provincial Growth Fund.
- Advising a major healthcare provider on its acquisition of a competitor and associated transitional arrangements.
- Advising a primary sector client on its genetics arrangements, including intellectual property licensing, supply and distribution arrangements.
- Advising an engineering firm on a new cornerstone investor and associated corporate restructure elements.
- Advising a NZ based dairy company on its New Zealand joint venture arrangements with an overseas dairy entity.
- Advising a national veterinary business on all aspects of its business, including grazing arrangements, acquisition and intellectual property matters.
- Advising a Wellington based transport provider on its asset refurbishment process and the legal issues associated with the disestablishment of infrastructure that it previously owned and operated.
- Advising a large South Island corporate dairy group, including its initial formation and subsequent divestment, acquisitions and shareholder relationship matters.
- Advising a regional telecommunications company on a major telecommunications entity obtaining a cornerstone shareholding.
- Advising a well known beverage producer on all aspects of its international distribution arrangements.