LLB (Hons), BCom (University of Canterbury)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Corporate and Commercial, Intellectual Property, International Distribution
and Mergers and Acquisitions
Daniel undertakes a wide range of corporate and commercial work, specialising in corporate restructuring and intellectual property projects. He has considerable experience in advising on complex restructuring of corporate groups, advising on shareholder arrangements, preparing distribution and licensing arrangements (including those with cross-border aspects), asset disposals, and advises both public and private companies on all aspects of corporate and contract law. Daniel was previously at Russell McVeagh (Wellington), in the Corporate Advisory Group.
- Advising Shott Beverages on all aspects of its international distribution arrangements.
- Advising Healthcare of New Zealand on its acquisition of Medibank New Zealand and associated transitional arrangements.
- Advising Brownrigg Agriculture on its wagyu beef genetics arrangements, including intellectual property licensing, supply and distribution arrangements.
- Advising Brightwater Engineering on a new cornerstone investor and associated corporate restructure elements.
- Advising on complex restructuring projects within corporate groups.
- Adviser on numerous large (and small) M&A transactions, including both asset and equity acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising Westland Dairy on its joint venture with Ausnutria China.
- Advising Veterinary Enterprises Group on all aspects of its business, including grazing arrangements, acquisition and intellectual property matters.
- Advising Wellington Cable Car on its refurbishment process and the legal issues associated with the disestablishment of the overhead traction network.
- Advising on infrastructure projects, including on construction contracts and ongoing maintenance contracts.
- Assisting overseas entities with all matters relating to their New Zealand operations and investments, including with respect to the obtaining of consents under the Overseas Investment Act.
- Advising a large South Island corporate dairy group, including its initial formation and subsequent divestment, acquisitions and shareholder relationship matters.
- Advising on the management buy-out of Damwatch Engineering Limited.
- Advising both franchisees and franchisors on all matters relating to their franchise business, including advising on establishing new franchise systems.