LLB, BA (Victoria University)
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Commercial Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Commercial, Private Client
Ben undertakes a wide range of corporate and commercial work, specialising in commercial property, mergers and acquisitions and private client advisory work. He has considerable experience in commercial property acquisitions and developments, business acquisitions, cross-border acquisitions, advises companies on all aspects of corporate and contract law, and advises high net worth individuals and families on asset protection structures. Ben places a very high importance on building and maintaining strong relationships with his clients and co-advisors, and being personally available to them at all possible times. In addition to Ben’s legal experience he is a successful competitive sailor, representing New Zealand numerous times in amateur competition, and is involved in yachting administration in various roles.
- Experience in commercial property, corporate and commercial law and private client advisory work.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of properties, shares and business assets by NZ and overseas clients.
- Assisting overseas entities with all matters relating to their New Zealand operations and investments, including with respect to the obtaining of consents under the Overseas Investment Act.
- Commercial property development and associated acquisition, construction, finance and security arrangements for projects including residential subdivisions, marinas, managed apartments and resorts.
- Commercial leasing for clients including nationwide retail chains and multi-tenanted commercial building owners.
- Advising businesses, from large multi- nationals to closely held private companies, in a range of industries and sectors, in relation to all legal aspects of their day-to-day operations.
- Devising and implementing appropriate trust structures for domestic and offshore parties seeking to hold and protect assets in New Zealand.